GGServers is a game server provider that provides Minecraft server hosting and services. The company was founded in 2013 in order to provide server hosting for the original Minecraft game, and has expanded it's services in order to support the many plugins and mods developed by the Minecraft community. As of March 2016, GGServers Ltd. is alleged to have served over 200,000 Minecraft servers to clients located all over the world.
GGServers began offering their services in mid-2013, operating under the domain ggservers.net. Originally starting with Vanilla Minecraft hosting, they quickly expanded their services in order to accommodate several mods and plugins that are commonly used within the Minecraft PC community. In March 2016, they began operating under the ggservers.com domain and offering more services such as voice server hosting and web hosting.
GGServers offers their hosting services from 7 data centers located in Montreal, Paris, Chicago, Los Angeles, Kansas, Las Vegas and Prague. Users of the platform are able to manage their Minecraft servers using the Multicraft control panel. Users have created a variety of use cases on the platform, including support for Minecraft servers holding up to 1000 concurrent players.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Want to Build a Video Game? Read This First". Inc. (magazine). 23 October 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- ↑ "GGServers Overview". Crunchbase. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "How A Minecraft Habit Turned Into A Multinational Business". Fast Company (magazine). Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- ↑ "Server Hosting: Becoming a Necessity for Many Businesses These Days". News Watch. 13 December 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- ↑ "How Does a Game Server Work?". Examiner.com.
- ↑ "Get to know GGServers!". www.ggservers.com. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- ↑ "GGServers Ltd details". Better Business Bureau. Retrieved 31 March 2016.